This listed thatched cottage was built in 1585 on a site mentioned in the Doomsday Book. In 1850 it was the home of Mr Richard Thompson and his wife Hannah, the village wheelwright who worked at Blacksmith’s corner. Working with wood, he was also the undertaker because he made coffins as well as wheels, carts, shafts, wagons, and wheelbarrows.
In c1905 it was owned by Percy Faulconbridge [wheelwright and farmer, Parish Councillor]; from 1927 to 1930 by the Penn family; and in the mid to late 1930s by Mrs. Louise Bennett.
View from road only.