Originally a post mill dating from 1706 and is listed. It is now a four bladed Tower Mill constructed in 1826. The windmill is built in brick with a wooden boat shaped cap and is turned by an endless chain winding mechanism. It was historically used to grind flour and animal feeds and in 1927 the milling wheels were adapted to run via a diesel engine, not reliant upon the variable nature of the wind. It was used for grinding corn by the Hammond Family until 1948.
This windmill is an excellent example of a Warwickshire tower mill still in existence and is open to the public on specific days of the year.